Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The title is from Fawlty Towers, the recipe is an original version of a very old dish. I simply invite you to indulge in this decadent breakfast for 2. You don't absolutely have to be a twit to enjoy it.
- Heat up the broiler while you prepare everything.
- Cut the grapefruit in half, across the center, so that the whostitcalled hard stalky bit is smack in the middle of one of the halves- that way you cut through each segment inside.
- Using a knife, free each segment from each half and cut it up a bit.
- You should be left with a sort of random pile of pulp.
- If you want to scoop everything out, chop it up, and put it back, you can do that too.
- Cut up the figs and stir them in, and mix in the brandy, too.
- Cover the tops with the sugar.
- Put them under the grill, and leave them there until the sugar begins to bubble.
- Smell a nice smell?
- That's grapefruit juice intermingled with brandy.
- Best served hot.