The title is from Fawlty Towers, the recipe is an original version of a very old dish. I simply invite you to indulge in this decadent breakfast for 2. You don't absolutely have to be a twit to enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat up the broiler while you prepare everything.
- 2Cut the grapefruit in half, across the center, so that the whostitcalled hard stalky bit is smack in the middle of one of the halves- that way you cut through each segment inside.
- 3Using a knife, free each segment from each half and cut it up a bit.
- 4You should be left with a sort of random pile of pulp.
- 5If you want to scoop everything out, chop it up, and put it back, you can do that too.
- 6Cut up the figs and stir them in, and mix in the brandy, too.
- 7Cover the tops with the sugar.
- 8Put them under the grill, and leave them there until the sugar begins to bubble.
- 9Smell a nice smell?
- 10That's grapefruit juice intermingled with brandy.
- 12Best served hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gralefrit (a recipe by twits for twits and wannabe twits)
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 33.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g