Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Perfect for 'gifts from the kitchen' Recipe from Gooseberry Patch Comfort and Joy cookbook.
Make and share this Good Luck Bean Soup in a Jar recipe from Food.com.
- Use 2 (1 pint) clamp top jars. In each jar, layer 1/4 cup of each type bean.
- Seal lid and attach cooking instructions.
- Rinse beans, place in large bowl, add one to 2 tsp of salt and cover with water.
- Let stand overnight.
- Drain beans, place in a large kettle, add 2 quarts of water, one cup chopped ham and one chopped onion.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours; add one chopped green pepper and 3 tbls lemon juice or one tsp lemon pepper.
- Makes 4 servings.