Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is an amazing way to enjoy artichoke hearts and chickpeas together. Originally it came from "Vegan Yum Yum" by Lauren Ulm but I got it out of a local food magazine.
- 1 tablespoon oil, plus additional
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 5 -7 artichoke hearts, drained and sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sliced almonds (toasted if desired)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1. Heat oil in seasoned wok or cast iron skillet. Add chickpeas and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring only occasionally to prevent burning, until chickpeas are golden brown all over. When done, transfer chickpeas to large mixing bowl and set aside.
- 2. Add more oil to pan and saute sliced artichoke hearts until browned. Add artichokes to bowl of chickpeas.
- 3. Toast almonds in dry skillet (if desired) and then grind them in food processor. Add almonds to artichokes and chickpeas. Season salad with lemon juice and salt and stir in chopped parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature, adjusting seasoning if needed.