Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
A sweet accent for chicken or ham and a great way to use dried fruit. Overnight standing time not included in preparation time. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Wash peaches; cover with boiling water and let stand overnight.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup water.
- Bring sugar, corn syrup and water to a boil; add mace, lemon juice and rind.
- Pour over peaches in a baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 300F for 2 1/2 hours.