1/1 Photo of Gingered Apple-Acorn Smoothie
The "Acorn" is acorn squash, of course! ;) Further adventures in trying to feed my liquid-tarian 13-month-old son. When I was making it, I had some fresh grated ginger lying around from another recipe and the smell seemed to be calling me to put it into the smoothie. Turned out to be a great combination. I didn't include cooling time for the squash. If you don't want to cool it, you could probably just add some crushed ice and blend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the squash, cut it in half, and scoop out the seeds. Place it, cut side down, in a dish with about 1/2 an inch of water and microwave it for about 10 minutes. Let it cool in the refrigerator.
- 2Peel the apple, core it, and chop it up into a blender.
- 3Scoop out the squash from the skin and place it into the blender.
- 4Add the apple juice and the ginger and puree.
- 5Pour and serve.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingered Apple-Acorn Smoothie
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 0.7 g