Recipe typical of Trinidad and Tobago, found on Islandfave.com. Posted for ZWT5. Super simple and sounds delicious.
- Mix the 1/2 cup of water with the ginger and squeeze through a strainer to get ginger concentrate.
- Add the sugar and the lime juice to this. Stir well till all the sugar dissolves.
- Adjust the sugar if you need to. Pour it into bottles and refrigerate.
- To serve, add a teaspoonful of this concentrate to each cup of chilled water or Sprite and mix well.
- Serve over ice in a goblet garnished with a mint leaf.