Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Cooking Light November 2006
Make and share this Ginger Cardamom Pear Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups coarsely chopped peeled bartlett pears (2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Process pears in a food processor until smooth.
- Combine pear puree and remaining ingredients in a medium sauté pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for 3 hours or until mixture is thick.