Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a homemade ginger ale you can make in just a few minutes. My wife found a recipe in a "Country Living" magazine. It called for using slices of ginger, but I found it too week. Much like store bought ginger ale. This kicks it up! I just found the recipe 4 days ago and have already made 3 batches. Friends love it and can't believe you can make homemade ginger ale. I have thought about making a ginger martini with this, but have not tried it yet.
- Grate the ginger. You want to end up with a cup of grated ginger. More or less as to your taste.
- Make a simple syrup with the ginger. In a pan on add the water, sugar, and ginger. Put on medium. Stir well to mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 - 20 minutes, or until syrupy.
- Let cool to room temperature 2 - 3 hours. (optional, but adds more flavor).
- Strain in a fine mesh strainer.
- Keep in frig.
- Add 1/4 cup syrup to 1 cup club soda, or mix full batch with 2 liters. I mix syrup and soda for each glass served.
- Mix and serve with ice.