Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe for a German deli salad, posted in a Community thread by Chef #183326.
Make and share this German Cucumber Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced very thin
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- Combine all ingredients in a non-metallic bowl.
- chill for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Simple, light and refreshing. I like that it's not swimming in a heavy cream-based dressing. Loved fresh parsley. I used lemon juice and white vinegar to make the amount of lemon juice called for. Thanx for posting!
Being from Germany, it's nice to see a cucumber salad recipe here. We actually use white vinegar instead of lemon, but I liked this variation. I'll make it again. Thank you.
I often make Danish cuke salad with white vinegar but never tried lemon. I love it, from now on this is how I'll make them. I only made a tiny bowl to have as a side with my lunch salad. This is an easy recipe to cut back or even double. Thanks DeSouter for a new lovely taste with cucumbers.