Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
My husband and I tried this one out for lunch. We both thought it was tasty and very filling. Also would be good as a side for any grilled meats. Serves 4 as main dish and 8 as side dish.
- Add salt, olive oil, and 2 cups water to a saucepan; place pan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil; add in couscous; stir to mix.
- Cover saucepan and remove from stove burner; let sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine chopped tomato and cucumber, parsley and/or mint, salsa, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- When couscous is ready, transfer to a large mixing bowl; fluff with a fork.
- Add the tomato/cucumber mixture; toss to combine.
- Adjust seasonings to taste with salt/pepper or whatever you fancy.
- Serve immediately or chill and serve later.
This was a very quick and easy recipe and very tasty for a light lunch. I seeded both the tomato and cucumber to prevent the salad from becoming watery, otherwise I followed it as submitted.