You can feel yourself getting stronger and healthier with each sip of this. Even though it is technically categorized as a 'soup', I drink it out of a big mug.
- 3 lbs sweet ripe tomatoes, preferably from your garden
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 1⁄2 large cucumbers, peeled,coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 large onions, peeled,coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces French bread, crusts trimmed,torn into bite-size pieces
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine or 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Puree everything (but croutons) in batches.
- Strain through sieve (unless you like more texture to your gazpacho), pressing on solids with back of spoon.
- Season to taste.
- Cover and chill until very cold.
- (can be made 1 day ahead).
simply delicious. so refreshing and very different from gazpachos i have made in the past. this is a keeper!
Haven't made this but for any gazpacho recipe, I add a bottle of bloody mary mix - either mild or spicy. Adds a kick
I loved it, so refreshing and easy. Perfect for a light summer lunch. I eat half of it and I've frozen the rest. It was great either way. Next time I'll add some tabasco sauce for a spicy taste. Thanks Evelyn!