Cole P.'s Note:
This figure-friendly soup makes a great snack, and it's nice enough to serve with a steak dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped (1 medium onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock base (or chicken boulion)
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- 1Saute the onions in oil with a little salt & pepper.
- 2Add the garlic, water, and vegetable base and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce to a simmer and add the carrots and potatoes.
- 4Cook until the carrots and potatoes are almost soft, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- 5Continue to simmer until all the vegetables are just cooked, about 10 minutes.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7If you won't eat it all in the next couple of days, freeze some for later.
- 8Serving size: 1 cup.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Vegetable Soup - Weight Watchers Friendly
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.8
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 91.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g