Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1440 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe from a chef at Commander's Kitchen in New Orleans. I've got this perking, but haven't yet tried it - the 2 month aging makes this a recipe that you can't really whip up at the last minute. This will keep for quite a while, so once it's done, you can use it for some time (any bacteria that can survive these peppers deserves to take over the planet).
- Rinse peppers, remove stems, and chop coarsely.
- Wear latex gloves or coat your hands with oil before handling (and if you value your eyes, wash your hands multiple times before changing your contact lenses).
- Combine in a large bowl with the salt, cover, and let sit for 2 days, stirring about every 12 hours.
- Add vinegar and puree; place mixture in a sterilized 1 quart glass jar and refrigerate.
- As you use peppers, continue to chop them and add to the jar.
- When the jar is filled, remove and puree the sauce, place in a clean jar, and age for at least 2 months or until it reaches the desired flavor.
Sounds like this may be recipe I am looking for. Will let you know (in a couple months) Wish I was more patient.