Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found in the Time/Life book, "The Cooking of Scandinavia".
Make and share this Fruktsoppa (scandinavian Fruit Soup) recipe from Food.com.
- In a large 3-quart (or bigger) stainless steel or enamel saucepan, combine the apricots and prunes with the cold water and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Next, add the cinnamon stick, lemon slices, tapioca and sugar to the pot, and bring to a boil; once boiling, reduce the heat and cover the pan; let simmer for 10 minutes (stir occasionally with a wooden spoon since the fruits can stick to the bottom of the saucepan).
- After the 10 minutes are up, remove the cover and stir in the raisins, currants and apple slices; simmer for 5 more minutes (the apples should then be soft and tender; if not, simmer a wee bit longer).
- Pour the soup mixture into a large serving bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- When soup has cooled, fish out the cinnamon stick, cover the bowl, and chill in the refrigerator.
- This dessert is served cold, in either dessert dishes or soup bowls; makes for a very light dessert.