Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Oatmeal Cooked in apple juice, with 1 small diced apple, 3 diced prunes, 1 diced apricot and 6 diced pecans with 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Mix the water and frozen apple juice in a small sauce pan, and bring it to a boil.
- Add in the 1/2 cup of oatmeal ( I use one-minute ). Remove from heat after it's cooked according to directions on box. Let it stand for a few minutes to thicken and cool a little, if you like it the way I do.
- Add in the cinnamon and pecans; and also stir as you're adding in the pieces of fruit, so they don't stick together.
- I prefer to wait till the oatmeal is cool before adding in the fruit, to preserve more vitamins; plus I like it thick and cold, like cookie dough. I also like saving some for an afternoon snack later in the day, straight from the icebox without heating it.
- This is great little snack for kids too!