Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This dessert is just as much fun to serve as it is to eat.
Make and share this Fruits Afire recipe from Food.com.
- Drain pears, aprictos and cherries, reserving syrup.
- Combine syrups in a saucepan with lemon juice, cinnamon stick, apricot preserves and 2 tablespoons of the rum.
- Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half.
- Remove cinnamon stick and pour syrup over fruits.
- Refrigerate until about 30 minutes before serving.
- Place fruit and syrup in an oven proof casserole.
- Cover casserole and heat in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven just until fruit is hot, about 5 minutes.
- Warm remaining 4 tablespoons rum.
- At the table, ignite the rum and pour flaming over the fruit.
- Serve when flames have died out.