1/3 Photos of Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
Kids love this recipe for an after school snack or for breakfast. I also serve it as a dessert in a bowl over a small scoop of vanilla ice cream with the chips on the edges. This is a light and healthy recipe that I found on recipe-a-day.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, toss the chopped apples with the lemon juice.
- 2Add the strawberries and the kiwi.
- 3Grate about one tablespoon of orange peel (not the bitter white pith) into the fruit.
- 4Slice the orange in half and squeeze out about 3 tablespoons of the orange juice into the fruit mixture-- no seeds please.
- 5Stir in the brown sugar, and the jelly.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Brush the tortillas with a tiny bit of water to allow the sugar and cinnamon to stick.
- 8Mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on the tortillas, turning to cover both sides.
- 9Cut each tortilla into 8 equal wedges.
- 10Place all the wedges on a greased baking sheet or sheets, in a single layer Bake in a preheatedd 400 degree oven for 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 11Cool until crisp, then serve with the apple salsa.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 317.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g