Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great way to start a meal!! This light fruit salad is low in fat, easy to prepare, and sure to tantalize your taste buds. Enjoy this before a meal for great digestion courtesy of the bromelian in the pineapples. Make sure to use fresh ripe fruit! From the Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook. (Cook time is chill time)
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 12 bibb lettuce (at least two leaves for each serving)
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 large pineapple, peeled, cored, sliced, and cut into wedges
- 2 large pears, cored and sliced into wedges (brush with lemon juice to keep from browning)
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced lengthwise into wedges
- For the dressing, in a medium saucepan combine cranberries and water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 4-5 minutes or until berries just begin to pop. Remove saucepan from heat and stif in sugar and orange juice.
- When cool, press misture through a sieve. Discard, compost, or use the cranberry skins in something else. Cover and chill the dressing about 2 hours until thoroughly chilled (the dressing will thicken slightly).
- To serve line each plate/bowl with lettuce leaves and arrange fruit on top. Drizzle with dressing & enjoy!