Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are so cute! I think they'd be really cool for a baby shower since pregnant ladies aren't supposed to eat sushi! From http://www.latartinegourmande.com/2008/11/17/fruit-sushi/
- 2 cups whole milk or 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons whole milk or 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 8 tablespoons risotto rice
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons blond unbleached cane sugar (or more)
- 1 green apple, cored and sliced (squeeze some lemon juice on top to prevent discoloration)
- 1 pink grapefruit, white membrane removed and sliced
- fresh mint leaves
- coconut, Grated
- 5 1⁄4 ounces raspberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 ounces confectioners' sugar
- Sushi: Rinse the rice under cold water.
- In a pot, heat the milk with the lemon zest and extract.
- When it reached boiling point, pour the rice in it and reduce the heat. Simmer, stirring once in a while, for about 20 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the sugar to taste and mix. Let cool, stirring occasionally.
- With the palms of your hands (run them under water to make the task easier), shape small sushi. I prefer to eat them lukewarm, so if necessary, reheat them gently. Place a slice of fruit on each, apple or grapefruit, or mango if it is the season.
- Sprinkle with grated coconut and add a leaf of mint.
- Sauce: Place ingredients in a fine sieve and press through to remove the seeds.
- Serve "sushi" with raspberry sauce.