These are so cute! I think they'd be really cool for a baby shower since pregnant ladies aren't supposed to eat sushi! From http://www.latartinegourmande.com/2008/11/17/fruit-sushi/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whole milk or 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons whole milk or 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 8 tablespoons risotto rice
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons blond unbleached cane sugar (or more)
- 1 green apple, cored and sliced (squeeze some lemon juice on top to prevent discoloration)
- 1 pink grapefruit, white membrane removed and sliced
- fresh mint leaves
- coconut, Grated
- 1Sushi: Rinse the rice under cold water.
- 2In a pot, heat the milk with the lemon zest and extract.
- 3When it reached boiling point, pour the rice in it and reduce the heat. Simmer, stirring once in a while, for about 20 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 4Add the sugar to taste and mix. Let cool, stirring occasionally.
- 5With the palms of your hands (run them under water to make the task easier), shape small sushi. I prefer to eat them lukewarm, so if necessary, reheat them gently. Place a slice of fruit on each, apple or grapefruit, or mango if it is the season.
- 6Sprinkle with grated coconut and add a leaf of mint.
- 7Sauce: Place ingredients in a fine sieve and press through to remove the seeds.
- 8Serve "sushi" with raspberry sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit and Rice Pudding "sushi" With Raspberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.7
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 22.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g