Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ay Caramba, these are good!
Make and share this Frijoles Negros (Cuban Black Beans) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans black beans, liquid drained and reserved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Fry the onion and pepper in a little oil.
- Add the garlic and saute a little.
- Introduce a little of the bean liquid until all previous ingredients are soft.
- Add the beans with the remaining liquid.
- Add spices and simmer about 30 minutes.
- Add the vinegar just before serving.
- These are quite good when served over a bed of rice seasoned with just lime.
Fantastic and easy! We don't get black beans here, so I used garbanzo, and it probably gave the dish a completely different taste, but I loved it! I used 1 tsp oil and 1/4 tsp of garlic paste for 2 servings, and used cumin seeds instead of cumin powder. Don't omit the vinegar as it adds a wonderful tartness! I had this with rotis for a great lunch.
Fixed these just the way you directed. Then I put them in the food processor w/ a little lime juice and made the perfect lunch tortilla. Thank you. These will be a regular on my menu!
Really good and super easy. I didn't read the recipe correctly and ended up draining my can of beans. Since I didn't have any liquid I substitued with broth and it was still really good.