Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is great for dinner parties, really impressive and so simple to make.
Make and share this Fried Rice Served in Pineapple Shells recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pineapple
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 chopped chile (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ml sugar
- 1 ml salt
- 1⁄2 cup cashew nuts
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, shredded
- Halve the pineapples, and cut out the flesh to leave four shells (don't remove the tail, it looks pretty on the plate).
- Cut the pineapple flesh that you have removed into bite-sized chunks.
- You need about two cups for this recipe.
- Use the rest for something else.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the chile, celery, garlic and onion over high heat for two minutes, then stir in the coriander and cumin and mushrooms.
- Add the pineapple pieces and the cooked rice, stir and toss well.
- Add the soy, sugar, salt and cashew nuts.
- Heat through while tossing, don't stir, you don't want mush.
- Spoon the mixture into the pineapple shells and sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves and spring onions.