3 hrs 5 mins
Old southern favorite. Great side dish, also some people enjoy this for their breakfast with maple syrup poured over the top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 2 1/2 cups water and salt in small pan.
- 2Mix remaining corn meal and water Stirring boiling salted water constantly, pour corn meal mixture into the water.
- 3Reduce heat and cook five minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- 4Spray 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and then pour thickened mush into the pan.
- 5Place in refrigerator to set firm.
- 6When set remove from loaf pan and slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- 7Spray skillet with cooking spray and fry mush until lightly browned on each side.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Cornmeal Mush
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12