Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from the Weekend magazine dated August 11th'06. You can serve this with Tortilla chips! Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes, cored, halved, seeded and choppped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno peppers (ribs and seeds removed for less heat) or 1 serrano chili, minced (ribs and seeds removed for less heat)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- coarse salt, as desired
- Transfer tomatoes to a medium bowl.
- Add onion, chilli, garlic, cilantro and lime juice.
- Season generously with salt.
- Mix well to combine.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- You may keep salsa at room temperature for upto 2 hours.
- To store, transfer to an airtight container and store refrigerated for upto 3 days.