This is from the Weekend magazine dated August 11th'06. You can serve this with Tortilla chips! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs plum tomatoes, cored, halved, seeded and choppped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno peppers (ribs and seeds removed for less heat) or 1 serrano chili, minced (ribs and seeds removed for less heat)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- coarse salt, as desired
- 1Transfer tomatoes to a medium bowl.
- 2Add onion, chilli, garlic, cilantro and lime juice.
- 3Season generously with salt.
- 4Mix well to combine.
- 5Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- 6You may keep salsa at room temperature for upto 2 hours.
- 7To store, transfer to an airtight container and store refrigerated for upto 3 days.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Tomato Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (808 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.7
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g