Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I hate store bought salsas, and find this is fresher and better tasting. I use jarred jalapenos if I can't find fresh, but have used other hot peppers too. You can adjust the spiciness/sweetness to your liking. This is best in the summer when tomatoes are at their peak, but I find even in winter it is delicious; a nice way to get some fresh veggies in when there isn't much to pick from. I also use it in my black bean soup.
- 1 lb fresh tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 -4 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- To seed tomatoes, cut in half and squeeze out seeds. This will make the salsa less watery.
- Mix ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.