Simple, fresh, delicious and a real crowd pleaser! This salsa is great served with tortilla chips ( I serve mine with along side Holy Guacamole! an Authentic Mexican Snack. ) , spooned over scrambled eggs or an accompaniment to many of your favorite mexican dishes.
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1⁄2 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves (I like to use roasted garlic as the flavor is not as pungent)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a non-metallic bowl.
- Best results when made earlier in the day if serving in the evening (this gives the salsa flavors a chance to marry).
- Adjust ingredients to your liking.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Great pared up with recipe#369631.
I made a trio of dips tonight as I was having several people over and every single one was an absolute hit. I had several people say how great this dip was how light and fresh it was.. I used a jalapeno pepper and also used half a white onion and half a red. I made extra of the recipe hence using a whole onion, as I was having so many people round. This is one of the nicest salsa combo's I have tried. I served this along side your Holy Guacamole! an Authentic Mexican Snack. and Mandy's Lemon Hummus With Pine Nuts, Both a big hit as well. Fabulous recipes thanks for sharing CHILI SPICE
The white onions are important. I made it with regular yellow onions, and they left a bitter aftertaste. The salsa was still amazing.