Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Commander's Palace in New Orleans. It's meant to be eaten fresh, or you can freeze it for later use. I am not really sure how long this needs to cook, so that is a guess.
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, membranes trimmed, and finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, membranes trimmed, and finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, membranes trimmed, and finely diced
- 4 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- Put syrup, vinegar, and pepper flakes in a pot and reduce by 2/3 and until sticky.
- Place peppers in a hot skillet and saute about 30 minutes or until tender and the color is brightened.
- Add peppers to the syrup mixture with a slotted spoon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.