Vino Girl's Note:
This recipe is from Commander's Palace in New Orleans. It's meant to be eaten fresh, or you can freeze it for later use. I am not really sure how long this needs to cook, so that is a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, membranes trimmed, and finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, membranes trimmed, and finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, membranes trimmed, and finely diced
- 4 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 1Put syrup, vinegar, and pepper flakes in a pot and reduce by 2/3 and until sticky.
- 2Place peppers in a hot skillet and saute about 30 minutes or until tender and the color is brightened.
- 3Add peppers to the syrup mixture with a slotted spoon.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Five-pepper Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (1292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 817.4
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 171.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 211.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 74.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g