Great for light lunch or to bring to potluck for a low-fat alternative (easily doubles). 2 WW points, from the Secrets of Fat Free Cooking cookbook. Also, olive oil can be omitted to lower fat even more.
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 small purple onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- black pepper
- Bring water to boil, stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes (or until water is absorbed).
- In large bowl, toss couscous, garbanzo beans, tomato, cucumber, onion, and parsley.
- Combine dressing ingredients and pour over salad.
- Toss well.
- Cover and chill before serving.