Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great for light lunch or to bring to potluck for a low-fat alternative (easily doubles). 2 WW points, from the Secrets of Fat Free Cooking cookbook. Also, olive oil can be omitted to lower fat even more.
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 small purple onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- black pepper
- Bring water to boil, stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes (or until water is absorbed).
- In large bowl, toss couscous, garbanzo beans, tomato, cucumber, onion, and parsley.
- Combine dressing ingredients and pour over salad.
- Toss well.
- Cover and chill before serving.
I didn't have all the ingredients for this salad, but LOVED what I did have and could use. I really like the Vinegar dressing and my husband liked it too and he's not a big fan of vinegars. Thanks for the recipe, I'm definitely keeping this to have again!
What is not to like about this recipe? My only changes were to use a whole purple onion, and to add 2 cloves of garlic to give it more flavor. I added a dusting of za'atar before serving, and it was a hit with everyone! Thanks for the keeper!
Nice make ahead salad for the summertime. Thank you.