1/1 Photo of Fresh and Light Garbanzo Salad
Great for light lunch or to bring to potluck for a low-fat alternative (easily doubles). 2 WW points, from the Secrets of Fat Free Cooking cookbook. Also, olive oil can be omitted to lower fat even more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small purple onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- black pepper
- 1Bring water to boil, stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat.
- 2Let stand 5 minutes (or until water is absorbed).
- 3In large bowl, toss couscous, garbanzo beans, tomato, cucumber, onion, and parsley.
- 4Combine dressing ingredients and pour over salad.
- 5Toss well.
- 6Cover and chill before serving.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh and Light Garbanzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.1
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 163.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.9 g