Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
I rarely deep-fry anything, but these make the smoky kitchen worth it. I got this from "Good Time Eatin' in Cajun Country," a vegan Cajun cookbook (what will they think of next?). Enjoy!
- Slice the onions about 1/4 inch thick, and separate into rings.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the chickpea flour over the onions.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients, then add water to make a thick batter.
- Heat 2 inches of oil.
- Dip the onion rings into the batter. Fry until golden, turning over once in the oil.
- Set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
OMG, they're FABULOUS! Thank you so much for the WONDERFUL onion ring recipe!!