1/10 Photos of French Bread With Roasted Garlic
This is made in the bread machine and baked in the oven. Follow your bread machine directions. If you don't have a french bread setting just remove dough from the machine before the final rising stage and shape as directed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add water to the machine following with the rest of the ingredients as listed. Be sure not to have the salt (place salt in a corner)and yeast touch.
- 2Use the french bread setting press start.
- 3When the dough cycle has finished remove dough from machine place it on a floured work surface. Punch down divide into 2.
- 4Start with one rolling into 7-8 X 3 inches. Fold one third up lenghtwise and one third down then press. Repeat twice more letting the dough rest in between foldings.
- 5Gentle roll and stretch each piece to 11-13 inch loaf. Place loaf on a lightly floured bread pan so it will keep its shape while rising. Cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap and rise for 30-45 minutes in a warm place.
- 6Slash tops with a sharp knife. Place into a preheated oven at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes. In a pan below add a hand full of ice cubes. Bake until golden brown. Transfer to wire rack and cool.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Bread With Roasted Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.7
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 351.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.9 g