1/2 Photos of Freezer Apple Pie Filling - OAMC
This is a wonderful apple pie filling that you make in the fall when apples are in abundance. During the winter months, just pull a package of pie filling from the freezer, defrost, and pour into your favorite pie crust. This makes enough filling for 4 pies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice and set aside.
- 2Pour water into a Dutch oven over medium heat. Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Add to water, stir well, and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Add apples and return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until apples are tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes.
- 4Ladle into 4 freezer containers or gallon freezer bags, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Cool at room temperature no longer than 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Seal and freeze. Can be stored for up to 12 months.
- 6You can also make pies right away.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freezer Apple Pie Filling - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 75.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 0.2 g