This is a veg-friendly adaptation of a recipe from fitness magazine. To make the original version, replace the tofu with scallops and the veg broth with chicken broth. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces dried soba noodles (4 bundles )
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 4 slices fresh ginger, smashed (half-inch thick )
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced garlic
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces baby bok choy, stalks separated and trimmed
- 2 teaspoons roasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1In a large saucepan over high heat, cook noodles according to package directions. When noodles are al dente, drain and rinse under cold water, swishing noodles to remove surface starch. Drain thoroughly.
- 2In a large saucepan over high heat, bring broth and ginger to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, stir-fry garlic in hot canola oil about 2 minutes, or just until light golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4Return broth to a boil over medium heat. Add tofu and bok choy and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Add noodles and bring to a boil; cook until noodles are hot.
- 6Divide among four soup bowls. Sprinkle individual servings with sesame oil and garnish with a little fried garlic and bean sprouts.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fragrant Tofu Soba Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.4
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 1142.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 20.2 g