1/7 Photos of Focaccia (Using Bread Machine for the Dough)
This bread is SO appealing and very versatile too! We often have it in the summertime quartered and sliced horizontally and filled with barbecued chicken thighs, lettuce, sliced red onions, tomatoes and avocado and some Paul Newman's Own Ranch Dressing! Simply divine!! The preparation time I have given does not include the time it takes for the Bread Machine to make the dough or the time it takes for the dough to rise.
My Private Note
loaf of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all of the above ingredients, accurately measured and in the order I have listed them, in the Bread Machine.
- 2Select the 'dough' cycle.
- 3When the cycle is complete, take the dough out of the Bread Machine, and proceed with the following steps: On a lightly floured surface, gently knead the dough for about 10 minutes.
- 4(you may need to add extra flour during this time) Place the 'Focaccia' dough in a well grease bowl, cover and leave to rise in a warm (and draught free) place for about 1/2 an hour.
- 5Then, knead the dough lightly (in the bowl) for about 1 minute.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a rectangular shape (about 20 cm x 30 cm)
- 7Place on a well greased baking tray (or sponge roll tin) and leave to rise again, in a warm place, this time for about 1 hour (or until it has doubled in it's original size) Now pour and smooth over with your fingers, 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 8'Poke' the dough with 2 fingers at intervals over the surface, and sprinkle liberally with rock salt or equal measurements of olive oil and Basil pesto mixed together with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, top with chopped up sun-dried tomatoes and sliced black olives!
- 10Bake at 225°C for about 15 minutes or until golden brown!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Focaccia (Using Bread Machine for the Dough)
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.4
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 589.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 12.1 g