Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another one of my bizzare originals, that actually turned out wonderfully! This makes a light main dish along with a salad/raita, or a side dish with anything else! Steam the broccoli beforehand if you like to it more cooked. I like it crunchy! Oh, and I didn't make a spelling error; "FlavoUr" is right :)
- Wash the rice well.
- In a saucepan, cover the rice with 1 cup water, add a little salt (around 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon), and bring to a boil.
- Now lower the flame, cover the saucepan with a lid, leaving a small gap for the steam to escape, and cook for about 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- While the rice is cooking, melt butter in a skillet and saute the onions on medium-high heat until browned.
- Remove onions from the skillet and reduce the flame to low.
- Add 1/3 cup water to the same skillet, salt to taste, and cook the broccoli in it for about 5 minutes.
- Now add the tomato paste, mix well, and cook for another minute or so.
- When all the water has evaporated, add the browned onions and the cooked rice to the skillet and mix well.
- Heat through for a minute, add salt to taste, and turn off the burner.
- Add a dash of pepper and serve hot!