Another one of my bizzare originals, that actually turned out wonderfully! This makes a light main dish along with a salad/raita, or a side dish with anything else! Steam the broccoli beforehand if you like to it more cooked. I like it crunchy! Oh, and I didn't make a spelling error; "FlavoUr" is right :)
My Private Note
main di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the rice well.
- 2In a saucepan, cover the rice with 1 cup water, add a little salt (around 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon), and bring to a boil.
- 3Now lower the flame, cover the saucepan with a lid, leaving a small gap for the steam to escape, and cook for about 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- 4While the rice is cooking, melt butter in a skillet and saute the onions on medium-high heat until browned.
- 5Remove onions from the skillet and reduce the flame to low.
- 6Add 1/3 cup water to the same skillet, salt to taste, and cook the broccoli in it for about 5 minutes.
- 7Now add the tomato paste, mix well, and cook for another minute or so.
- 8When all the water has evaporated, add the browned onions and the cooked rice to the skillet and mix well.
- 9Heat through for a minute, add salt to taste, and turn off the burner.
- 10Add a dash of pepper and serve hot!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flavoured Onion Rice with Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.5
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 68.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g