From Cooking Light. Per 1 1/2 cup serving: 271 calories, 6.5 g fat, 8 g protein, 51 g carb, 8.9 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol. You may store the dry cereal in a zip-lock plastic bag in the freezer. To make the cereal a batch at a time: add 1/2 cup dry cereal mix to 1 1/2 c. boiling water for each serving. Also can top each serving with some brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flaxseed in a spice or coffee ginder; process until ground coarse.
- 2In a large bowl, combine ground flaxseed, oats, and the next 8 ingredients; stir well to combine.
- 3Bring water to a rolling boil in a large saucepan.
- 4Add in cereal; cover and lower heat; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Uncover and cook 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Five-Grain Cereal With Apricots, Apples, and Bananas
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.4
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 211.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g