Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light. Per 1 1/2 cup serving: 271 calories, 6.5 g fat, 8 g protein, 51 g carb, 8.9 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol. You may store the dry cereal in a zip-lock plastic bag in the freezer. To make the cereal a batch at a time: add 1/2 cup dry cereal mix to 1 1/2 c. boiling water for each serving. Also can top each serving with some brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Place flaxseed in a spice or coffee ginder; process until ground coarse.
- In a large bowl, combine ground flaxseed, oats, and the next 8 ingredients; stir well to combine.
- Bring water to a rolling boil in a large saucepan.
- Add in cereal; cover and lower heat; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Serve immediately.
This is delicious!! I love all the different forms of the grains here! The apples and apricots hydrate nicely after being cooked for so long which really creates a nice flavour. I did find, however, that the bananas turned chalky after cooking, so I would leave them out next time. I added a bit of cinnamon and sweetener to mine. YUM!! Thanks NurseDi!