1 hr 31 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Definitely NOT your ordinary baked spuds! This is an English recipe and, in England, the end of the baking process would take place in the hot coals of an outdoor bonfire on Guy Fawkes' night (November 5th).
My Private Note
- 1Scrub the potatoes and make a zig-zag split down one side.
- 2While they are still wet dip each cut side in sea salt.
- 3Wrap potato in foil, making sure that the foil join is over the cut side.
- 4Cook the potatoes in a pre-heated oven for half an hour at 220C/ 425F/ Gas 7, and then place them in the hot coals at the base of the fire to finish cooking for about 1 hour.
- 5When completely cooked, open the foil and gently squeeze the potato until it opens up.
- 6Serve filled with butter, shredded cheese and chopped onion.
- 7(Try experimenting with different butters, such as garlic, herb, chive or ketchup butter).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fire Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g