Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A really yummy fat free dip, that was influenced by falafel mixture.
Make and share this Fat Free White Bean Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) canof drained white beans (borlotti)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 dash chili flakes (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, except for the chopped onion and chili flakes (I have used a stab mixer successfully).
- Blend until you get a good dip consistency.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and stir in onion and chili.
- Serve with veggie crudités or crackers, and do not feel guilty.
This was good, but I felt like it need more flavor to be a dip. Maybe more lemon and some chili powder. I love that it was a cinch to whip up and was pretty much guilt free snacking. Thanks for posting the recipe.
Delicious and full of flavor. A big hit with the crowd! I added just a dash of balsamic vinegar.
My only criticism is that I didn't like how the tomato paste turns the dip pink... a little unappetizing. But the flavor is good (with some salt!). I opted for cannelini beans... don't know what barlotti are... maybe British?