1/1 Photo of Farm-Fresh Strawberry Ice or Slush
4 hrs 7 mins
Very light and easy summer-time treat. Great way to use those luscious ripe summer-gems, without heating up the whole kitchen at the same time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, heat sugar and water until sugar is dissolved.
- 2Dump berries into blender and whip 15 seconds, add the sugar-water; blend some more.
- 3Then add the lemon juice and blend again.
- 4Pour into two 13x9 cake pans (or just one, but it will take longer to freeze).
- 5Freeze pans for 4-6 hours (NOT SOLID).
- 6SERVING OPTION #1: just before serving, whip mixture in blender, spoon into bowls and serve.
- 7SERVING OPTION #2: scrape spoons-ful into chilled tumbler, half-full, then add 7-Up or Sprite for an icy drink.
- 8VARIATION: Replace strawberries with raspberries, mango, pineapple (adjust the sugar accordingly).
- 9ALCOHOLIC KICK: Add a shot of rum, brandy or vodka---uuummm!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farm-Fresh Strawberry Ice or Slush
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g