1/1 Photo of Farm Carrots With Cumin, Caraway & Lime
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Never have I had carrots that tasted as good as this! Spices and carrot juice make this recipe. If you try it, I hope you enjoy as much as we did. BF found this recipe from a recent edition of Country Home magazine. You can either buy carrot juice or make it yourself if you have a juicer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 3/4-1 cup carrot juice
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 2 lbs orange carrots or 2 lbs yellow carrots, peeled and julienned or 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (optional) or 1 tablespoon parsley (optional)
- 1If using baby carrots, half or quarter lengthwise.
- 2Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add cumin, caraway and mustard seeds to dry skillet. Cook and stir until seeds are toasted and begin to pop, about 3 to 4 minutes. If you don't have cumin or mustard seeds, try about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon powdered and add with carrot juice in next step.
- 3Carefully add carrot juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced by three-quarters, about 4 minutes. Add butter and stir until just melted. Strain, discard seeds and set aside, keeping warm.
- 4In the same skillet, cook the carrots in olive oil over medium heat about 15 to 18 minutes (depending on whether your carrots are large or small julienne) or until tender, turning occasionally.
- 5Add carrot juice reduction, stir in lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with herbs to serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farm Carrots With Cumin, Caraway & Lime
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 115.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g