This is a great way to cook beets (I adapted it from a potato chip recipe). Adjust the seasoning to your liking.
My Private Note
- 1Slice beets very thin. I use a mandolin set at the thinnest setting.
- 2Brush a thin layer of oil in the bottom of a microwave safe pan. I use my pampered chef stoneware.
- 3Lay the beet slices in the pan, slightly overlapping. They will shrink significantly, so no need to leave "breathing" room.
- 4Sprinkle LIGHTLY with salt. Since they shrink so much, the salt taste will be more concentrated when done.
- 5Microwave on high. My first pan takes 6 minutes. Each pan full after takes 5 - 5 1/2 minutes, since the pan's hot.
- 6There's no need to re-oil the pan after the first set.
- 7Feel free to experiment with different flavors on the chips.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Microwaved Beet Chips
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 11.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 0.4 g