People have been getting confused with this title and I am SO sorry. This is not really a "stew," but more like a Goulash. I am REALLY sorry Windhorse 23 was confused about that. This recipe is my number one FAVORITE dish. Mom usually made it with meatballs made from ground lamb and raw rice, but I never ate them so I've left them out; I'll submit the meatballs separately for those of you who would like the recipe - I'll name the recipe Euvedge Meatballs. Now, this is what I consider comfort food. I would eat this over plain white rice and know that life could not get any better. This is also one of those dishes that is even better cold the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium onions, cut into crescents
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 red bell peppers, cleaned and cut into 1 inch strips LENGTHWISE
- 4 large potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 lb green beans
- salt and pepper
- 1In a deep, heavy stew pot, sauté onions in oil until soft.
- 2Add Garlic and sauté another 30 seconds to release the flavor, but not burn the garlic.
- 3Stir in tomato paste and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes and water and stir well.
- 5Bring to a simmer.
- 6Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer covered until the potatoes and green beans are done.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Euvedge (Goulash-Type Stew)
Serving Size: 1 (595 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.1
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 78.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g