Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 4 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is the delicious Green Smoothie recipe that I make and serve at my Vita-Mix sales demonstrations. It always "wows the crowd" when something that is so bright green tastes so surprisingly delicious! It is designed for a Vita-Mix so I don't know how it would work in any other kitchen appliance. Add ingredients into the 64 oz. container in the following order:
- 2 -3 cups green grapes (with seeds is healthier)
- 1 large banana (skin removed)
- 1⁄4 of a large fresh pineapple (leave the center in, it has most of the bromelain) or 1⁄3 of a small fresh pineapple (leave the center in, it has most of the bromelain)
- 1⁄2 apple (seeds and stem is o.k. if using a Vita-Mix)
- 2 -3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups ice, to the top of the container
- Turn the machine quickly from variable speed 1 to 10 then flip the switch to high. Push the ingredients down into the blades until the entire mixture is blending. I find it easier to push the food continuously down one corner of the container and eventually it begins to blend. The apple may require a bit of "pounding" before it begins to mix (this is a great anger management recipe! :-).
- When the mixture is first blending it should be so thick and slushy (from the ice) that it is thick like a thick "slushy". If it is too liquid at the beginning, add more ice so it is thick and "slushy". This allows you to blend for 1-2 minutes without warming the drink up from the friction of the blades. It also allows you to break the foods down to the most bioavailable (cellular) level.
- This is a "beginner" Green Smoothie that 98% of the population will love!
Excellent!!! I make a green drink daily, but seldom follow a "recipe"...now I am learning that gleaning ideas from recipes is the best way to keep the green fresh ;)...this version has more fruit to green than I typically mix...but it is really a treat...I LOVE the suggested order and found that it was easier to fully blend that way (i usually do the greens first but like i said i do more green to fruit)...I do not have a Vita-Mix ( sigh, YET!!!! )- but am able to make the green blends ok w/ my tired old blender...(when it dies I hope to upgrade...) I did add about 1/4-1/3 cup of my fresh fruit juice to aid ... any way delish...!!!!! :) a really sweet treat...everything i love in a glass...greenies are my new addiction LOVE IT!!! -Thanks for the recipe share :)
This is the first green smoothie recipe that I have tried and it was very good!
This was delicious!! And I don't eat a lot of healthy stuff (working on that now) but I'm impressed!! If tastes just like a sour apple jolly rancher!