Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Colette Rossant, a really remarkable sauce for kofta that really can be used on all sorts of dishes--grilled lamb brochette, grilled or roasted vegetables, etc. And it's very easy to make. Substitute vegetable stock for the chicken stock and you have the makings of a lovely vegetarian meal. Most of the time is soaking time--though you can find dried Turkish apricots which are quite soft and require little or no soaking.
- Soak the apricots in warm water for two hours or till soft; drain.
- Puree the apricots in a food processor with the garlic, coriander and oil.
- With the motor running, slowly add the chicken or vegetable stock.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the mixture is smooth, transfer to a saucepan, and stirring with a wooden spoon, bring to a simmer and cook for five minutes.
OOH we fell in love! I found a 'Turkish Tofu Kofta' recipe to use with this sauce & the whole dish was very well received by everyone! The sauce is so simple and delicious! thank you, kate! Made for NAME Tag 5/11. :)