1/3 Photos of Eggplant Pasta Sauce
1 hr 15 mins
From: "The Vegetarian Epicure" by Anna Thomas, first edition 1972. This book was a real find!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil (original has 1/2 cup!)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, unpeeled and chopped (about 1 lb.)
- 2 medium green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 709.77 ml tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 177.44 ml black olives, sliced
- 59.16 ml capers, rinsed
- 4.92-9.85 ml dried oregano
- 2.46-4.92 ml dried basil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, lots to taste
- 340.19 g tomato paste
- 473.18 ml dry white wine or 473.18 ml vegetable broth, more if needed
- 1Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a large skillet. Add garlic.
- 2Add eggplant and bell peppers and toss.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, olives and capers.
- 4Add remaining ingredients, stir and cover.
- 5Turn heat down to very low and allow sauce to gently simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally to keep it from scorching, add more wine or water if it gets to thick.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.3
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 567.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g