1 hr 20 mins
Nye McClelland's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- water (as needed)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into bit size pieces
- 1 large white onion
- 6 -8 tomatoes, diced (use canned if you wish)
- 6 chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1First dice the eggplant (I only peel some of the peel that is my personal preference) and soak in salt water for about 1/2 hours.
- 2This releases the peppery bite to the eggplant.
- 3While that is soaking prepare the other ingredients that need to be diced and chopped.
- 4Once the eggplant has soaked, strain it and squeeze dry.
- 5In a very deep pot heat the olive oil and then add the eggplant.
- 6Stir the eggplant at high heat for about 10 minutes or until the eggplant becomes soft.
- 7If the eggplant soaks up all the oil just add water to help from burning it.
- 8Once the eggplant is soft add the onion and stir for about 5-6 minutes or until the onion is slightly soft then add the remaining ingredients, except the cilantro, and stir until it begins to boil.
- 9Reduce to min and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 10Take of heat, add the cilantro and serve with yoghurt-mint sauce.
- 11Yoghurt-Mint Sauce 1 cup plain yoghurt 2 crushed garlic salt to taste 1 tbsp finely chopped mint (or dry) Combine all the ingredients and spoon a few tbsp over the eggplant.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Salad
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 614.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g