1/1 Photo of Edible Picnic Basket (Bread Machine)
1 hr 30 mins
What a great way to have a picnic! You can eat the basket and not have to carry it back to the car! With this ever-so-easy recipe, you bake your basket - and then you eat it! Fill with chicken and carry to your next picnic! You could also use this recipe to create edible soup bowls, if you divide dough into four parts.
My Private Note
bread b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove dough from the machine after the dough or manual cycle is completed.
- 2Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface, and carefully form into a ball without punching down.
- 3Place onto greased cookie sheet and let rise about one hour or until doubled in size.
- 4Brush with beaten egg and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5Let cool.
- 6Hollow out cooled bread like a pumpkin, reserving"lid" to put back on.
- 7Butter inside and fill with: i.e. fried chicken.
- 8Replace lid and wrap in heavy duty foil, then news paper, then foil again.
- 9Bread and chicken will stay warm all day!
- 10Success Hints: Use to make edible soup bowls.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Edible Picnic Basket (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (901 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1941.1
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4672.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 409.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 54.7 g