I got the recipe for the patty from vegsource.com, made a few changes, and had a delightful burger for lunch today! Feel free to try your own fixings, but this is how I like my burgers best! :-) Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 large potato, peeled,diced,cooked in salted water until tender
- 1/4 cup leftover cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1/8 onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1Drain and mash the cooked potato with a fork.
- 2In a bowl, mix together the mashed potato, rice, breadcrumbs, onion, soy sauce, corriander and red chili powder.
- 3Season with salt and pepper and knead well until the mixture holds together.
- 4If the mixture is too dry, add a little water to hold it together; usually you won't need to do this.
- 5Shape the mixture to form a thin patty and grill in an oven for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- 6While the patty is being grilled, spread 1 teaspoon each of peanut butter over the 2 bun halves.
- 7Cover the bottom of the lower bun half with some of the tomato slices and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Once the patty is done, place it over the lower bun half, top with the remaining tomato slices, and cover with the other bun half.
- 9Serve with ketchup, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Veggie Burger for one (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.0
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 407.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 12.5 g