You won't miss the eggs in these vegan pancakes.
Make and share this Easy Vegan Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, lightly mix all ingredients until just combined.
- Overmixing will make the pancakes tough.
- Leave mixture on the counter to rest for 3-5 minutes and then fold it onto itself two or three times, lightly to make sure that the batter is fairly well incorporated.
- Cook on a greased skillet or griddle over medium to medium high heat until golden.
- If there are large lumps, carefully break them apart with the spatula while the pancakes are cooking.
- Serve immediately.
As is, I rate this a 4 but with my modifications it would be a 5. I had to add about 2 more tbs of sugar and more cinnamon because they were very very bland. BUT they rose beautifully! I have made a handful of different vegan pancakes and these are the best I've ever made! Rather than leaving them to rest for 3-5 min, I let them rest for 15 min. The batter was kind of foamy looking and then I poured them into a very well buttered pan. Make sure your pan is very hot, that's a must! I flip mine over as soon as they're flip-able which is when the ends are cooked. That's it! I have a new go-to pancake recipe. Thanks for the basics!
I just made these for a family brunch and they were fantastic. I just used water since I had to accommodate both dairy and soy allergies, but they still tasted great and everyone loved them. I used 1 cup whole wheat flour and the rest white, upped the sugar by about a teaspoon, added some vanilla extract and also added chocolate chips to half of the batter. This made about 18 pancakes for me. Definitely a keeper!
These turned out perfect! My anti-vegan husband couldn't even tell that these were vegan. I used 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour and they came out very fluffy and soft. I added a dash of vanilla and cinnamon to the batter. This will now be my go-to pancake recipe.