Prep 3 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy to make, great on pizza or pasta. Adaptable. What more do you need?
Make and share this Easy Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (400 g) cans tomatoes with juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 ml wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Puree tomatoes and garlic together (I use a hand blender).
- Heat puree and wine in medium saucepan until gently boiling.
- Cook for 20 minutes (for pasta sauce) to 30 minutes (pizza topping) over medium heat or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in basil and seasonings.
I needed a tomato sauce to use in Shredded Chicken for Enchiladas, Tostadas, Tacos... and this worked out wonderful. I didn't use any wine cause we didn't have any here. I also scaled this to half a recipe. Thanks so much for sharing :)