This is a fantastic recipe for curried peas, spicy, flavourful and quick! Adjust the amount of red chili powder if you want to reduce the spiciness. If using fresh peas, you might need to add a little water to cook the peas. With frozen peas, additional water is not necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons coconut milk
- 3/8 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil or 2 teaspoons ginger oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb frozen peas or 1 lb fresh peas
- 1In a small bowl, mix together coconut milk, red chile powder, coriander, turmeric, and salt.
- 2In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- 3Add onion, cinnamon stick, and cumin seeds; saute until onions are soft.
- 4Stir in tomatoes, peas, and coconut milk mixture.
- 5Reduce heat, and simmer until the peas are tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- 6Serve hot over basmati rice, chappatis, tortillas or bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Spicy Curried Peas
Serving Size: 1 (1091 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 475.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 10.0 g