Something I came up with and much fresher tasting than store-bought....really not too spicy. Control your heat with the addition of serrano peppers or Tabasco. Enjoy!
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) canspeeled tomatoes (Rosedale brand preferred)
- 4 fresh jalapenos, seeded
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro (basically one store-bought bunch)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 -2 serrano pepper (optional)
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Process onion and jalapenos in food processor, until coarsely chopped.
- Add all remaining (except optional) ingredients to food processor, and process.
- Taste to check "heat" level - add serranos or Tabasco as desired. Process to desired texture.